Call for papers: Special Edition of the Journal for Interdisciplinary Biblical Studies (JIBS)
Queer Theory and The Bible
As we approach the thirtieth birthday of the naming of ‘queer theory’ by Teresa de Lauretis in 1990 this special edition will celebrate how queer theory has played a major role in critical contexts across academic disciplines, including Biblical Studies:
- Queer hermeneutics: interpreting the Bible through a queer reading lens
- Queer readings in global contexts
- Queer as resistance, rupture and reclamation
- Queer identities and the Bible
- Queer methods in Biblical Studies
This list is indicative and not exhaustive. We welcome submissions on any area of queering/queerness in conjunction with any biblical text.
Submissions should be between 4000 and 10,000 words. All submissions will be subject to the usual blind peer review process. Complete proposals are due to Guest Editor by 30 April 2020 and completed papers by 1 December 2020.
Please get in touch with the Guest Editor Chris Greenough (email@example.com) to discuss proposals.